Mag. Walter Sedlacek, MSc MBA PMP
Day of birth: April 1, 1968, Salzburg
Mobile: + 43 676 8642 4253
Study of Physics (Mag), ICT Management (MSc), and MBA.
Since 2007 Manager for T-Systems.
Prior to that CIO for General Motors Powertrain Austria.
Professional Experience - Summary
- Leading the Security Stream of Zero Outage Industry Standard association (http://www.zero-outage.com); see also here or here.
- Transforming global large scale organization to embed a corporate Security Framework in all daily operations and processes by applying Change Management and Project management methodologies.
- Teaching how to implement Project Management Offices - PMOs (“Enabling tangible cost savings by implementing a PMO in an enterprise environment”) for PMI® (Project Management Institute).
- Introducing and building-up Cloud Computing in regional data-center in Singapore.Introducing and building-up international ICT engineering labs around virtualization technology in London, Barcelona, Zürich and Vienna.
- Implementation of a PMO and PMI knowledge areas by standardizing project management methodology for 70 project managers managing 170 programs and projects in UK.
- Transforming legacy ICT system based business processes by business process re-engineering and by implementing a company-wide ERP systems (SAP) to achieve cost performance and continuous improvements
Professional Experience - Chronological
- ESARIS Global Governance, Enhancement and Operations Manager
- Zero Outage Industry Standard – Lead Security Stream (2016 -)
- Global Transformation Manager for the T-Systems Security Framework ESARIS (2014 - 2017)
- Head of Production Operations, T-Systems Singapore
(2012 - 2013)
- Head of Global Operations Management, T-Systems International (2009 - 2012)
- Head of Project Management Office, T-Systems UK (2008 – 2009)
Head of Desktop Services, T-Systems Austria (2007 – 2009)
CIO, General Motors Powertrain Austria (2005-2007)
- Project Manager for Plant Floor Systems, General Motors Detroit/USA (2004 – 2005)
IT Infrastructure Manager, GM Austria (1998 – 2004)
Software development, Institute of Medical Physics (1996 – 1997)
Teaching Mathematics, Physics and IT (1992 – 1995)
Software engineering for various companies (1987 – 1991)
- Introducing a corporate Security Framework on a global basis
- Introducing Cloud Based Managed Desktop Services
- Introducing Cloud Computing (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Building-up international IT Engineering Labs around Virtualization Technologies in London, Barcelona, Zürich and Vienna
- Standardizing Project Management Methodology for 70 Project Managers managing 170 programs and projects
- Establish international Competence Center around Virtualization Technologies to reduce costs by innovation
- Transforming legacy system based business processes by business process reengineering and by implementing a companywide ERP system (SAP) to achieve cost performance and continuous improvements
- Developing an IT security concept for a manufacturing environment by executing results of a prior risk analysis
Achievements ICT Operations
- Introducing a corporate Security Framework on a global basis
- Introducing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for IT Desktop operations on a global basis
- Execute organizational Change Management in order to enable innovation
- Implementing an area-wide fully integrated Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to enable IT based Planning, Scheduling, Shipping, Monitoring and Quality management for all production lines within the plant
- Standardizing electronic workplaces (desktops) in six European countries
- Implementing a data-center for a Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Implementing a supplier independent local IT monitoring system to enable objective Service Level Agreement (SLA) measurements and management
Achievements ICT Cost Optimizing
- Realizing Savings through Make or Buy Strategy and Synergies due to Economy of Scales
- Executing Near- and Off-shore programs
- Annual IT Finance performance by achieving budget stretch targets
- Ongoing Various courses in Management Skills and Information Technology
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified (2011)
- ITIL Foundation certified (2005)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Alaska Pacific University (2004)
- Master of Science (Telecommunication Management), Danube University of Krems (2003)
- Master of Physics, University of Vienna (1995)
- Studies in Computer Science and Physics (1987 - 1995)
- High school graduation at a science school type (1987)
- Assignment to the region APAC for transforming T-Systems to the internal holistic Security Framework ESARIS from January 2014 on.
- Assignment to Singapore for heading Production Operations at T-Systems Singapore since October 2012
- Assignment to London for introducing corporate Project Management techniques and tools to T-Systems UK from 2008 to 2009
- Assignment to Moscow in 2005 to introduce IT Architecture
- Assignments to Detroit in 2004 as Project Manager
- Studies in the USA during MBA education in 2004
- Working in Grenoble, France as a scientist in 1995
- Ongoing private travels because of cultural interests
- Honorary member of Committee of Directors for Kelman Institute (http://kelmaninstitute.org)
- Active member of Lions Club (http://www.lions-club-wien-johann-strauss.at)
- German (excellent)
- English (excellent)
- Cultural and social intrest
Bios Walter Sedlacek (short version)
Walter Sedlacek is responsible for the Governance and Enhancement of the holistic ICT Security Framework ESARIS after his 3 year successful global transformation towards this Framework as a Project Manager.
He has a Master of Science in Telecommunication Management from the Danube University of Krems, and a Master of Science in Physics from the University of Vienna, as well as an MBA from Alaska Pacific University.
Walter joined T-Systems in 2007 as the Head of Desktop Services Factory, T-Systems Austria where he introduced Change Management in order to align local DSS internationally and to enable innovation.
In 2009 he took an assignment in the UK to build up the Project Management Organization. At T-Systems UK, he standardized Project Management Methodology for 70 Project Managers who ran 170 programs and projects.
In 2010 he has been building international IT Engineering Labs around Virtualization Technologies in London, Barcelona, Zürich and Vienna, and has also established international steering of Nearshore entities.
From 2012 to 2014 he was the Head of Production Operations for T-Systems Singapore and introduced Cloud Based Managed Desktop Services as well as Cloud Computing in general (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
Prior to his work at T-Systems, Walter Sedlacek was an IT Infrastructure Manager and subsequently the CIO of General Motors Powertrain Austria.
Since 2005, Walter has been teaching classes in technical and management subjects as a guest lecturer at the Danube University of Krems as well as several vocational colleges. In addition he is teaching how to implement PMOs (“Enabling tangible cost savings by implementing a PMO in an enterprise environment”) for PMI® (Project Management Institute). He also has extensive experience abroad including France, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and South-East Asia.